Someone please help me

finfrocka

Solid State Member
I don't feel like wasting my summer away. I want to do something constructive with my extra time. Can someone lead the way for me to find a place where i can go to learn about making games and learning how to program. I am in 8'th grade and have a lot of knowledge about computers. But i would like to start of easy. Can someone please help me.
Btw you all can just call me pinokeo. Thats what i am known by.

sorry i just realized i put this in the wrong spot can you move it to programming please.?

Welcome to the forum!
Ponokeo?
As in the phonetic spelling for a wooden doll that likes to lie. hummm....
Me I am not into the games like a lot of others so I am sorry to say that I can't help you on that part.
But, There is a tool called google that can be a person's best friend when searching for things.

programing

Its not like i don't know what google is. But anyways. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to start with so i can look for that specific thing and read and maybe buy a book and stuff. By the way thanks for the help thus far.

what sort of games do you want to make should be the first question you are asking yourself...

if you want to make a fully emmersed first person shooter then I'd imagine C++ would be your best bet. however since it takes prodution teams many months (or even years) to produce a good game, this isn't really something to do in the summer!!

there are some pretty good game production programs for making generic games, eg role play adventure, platform, or card games...

You could start with Python. Never touched it myself but people say it's great for learning how to make games.

But I started learning straight off with C++. It's a lot more useful, general purpose language, and it's pretty much industry standard right now.

Try http://www.gamedev.net

I say start off with either C++ or Java. Learn one of those and the rest of the languages are very similar to them. If you can learn one, you basically will know most of the others (syntax differences, different capabilities, but close none the less)

george said:
java is more a internet script, try c++ for games
JavaSCRIPT is more of an internet script :p. Java is used over all sorts of platforms. Not only computers, but anything that has the JRE on it.

Back
Top Bottom