Java Programming Application

drill

Baseband Member
Hello CF! I have made a Java application (the application really is not impressive at all), but it is a clipboard memory program.

How it works: The program will make a list of copied items. To get the item you want, first click the window. Then scroll with the arrow keys to the item you want in your clipboard. Press "Enter". Now the selected item is in your clipboard.

Requirements: Java 7 (works on Linux and Windows, Mac is untested but will probably work)

Things not to do: -do not copy anything but images and text (However, both CAN be copied at the same time)

-do not copy online material (save it first as an image or put the text in word first, then copy it)

-do not hibernate with the program on

NOTE: Items in the "Things not to do" will most likely be fixed in the future

If there are any bugs you see do not hesitate to report them to me.

Also, I am welcome to suggestions for the application.

Now, here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fbtyvcirtvm4nwd/KusrIhfELo

good work however I do not trust jarva as it is main source for virus attacks but I always repect people who can write in jarva and and for making the effort to make applications I use VB.net myself and I know how frustrating it is when people don't trust what you have made becuase the anti virus states it is a theat because it does not know the application or herd of it before and becuase you do not have a website on the product if it was uploaded to a website and published from a website the av is happy so I don't bother making applications anymore for the public just for familey and friends and companys like Citizans advice who no me and trust what I write is good content.

Best of Luck I hope you do better than I did.

Kind Regards

good work however I do not trust jarva as it is main source for virus attacks
Nah, Java applets have been frought with security holes for ages (which is why most modern browsers disable them by default anyway) but desktop Java is as secure as anything else.

Nice little starter app, although it's not resizable and doesn't scroll? Can't see the source because you haven't attached it to the jar, but try adding your main component to a scrollpane and making the JFrame resizable, which should solve that issue.

Nice little starter app, although it's not resizable and doesn't scroll? Can't see the source because you haven't attached it to the jar, but try adding your main component to a scrollpane and making the JFrame resizable, which should solve that issue.

Thanks! And yes it does scroll, you must use the arrow keys. I have never used the jscrollpane at all before, so it just seemed easier this way. That will be one of the things I add to this program, and probably the ability to use the mouse instead of relying on the enter key. Also, I guess I could make it resizable too, I guess I was thinking that wouldnt be a feature that people would want, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I attached the source file for you in case you still wanted to see it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w13h37kcbcjiema/ClipboardFile.java

Any chance of looking at the souce code, its not attated to the jar.

Nice little applet.
emoticon_pokemon_003.gif

Hello CF! I have made a Java application (the application really is not impressive at all), but it is a clipboard memory program.

How it works: The program will make a list of copied items. To get the item you want, first click the window. Then scroll with the arrow keys to the item you want in your clipboard. Press "Enter". Now the selected item is in your clipboard.

Requirements: Java 7 (works on Linux and Windows, Mac is untested but will probably work)

Things not to do: -do not copy anything but images and text (However, both CAN be copied at the same time)

-do not copy online material (save it first as an image or put the text in word first, then copy it)

-do not hibernate with the program on

NOTE: Items in the "Things not to do" will most likely be fixed in the future

If there are any bugs you see do not hesitate to report them to me.

Also, I am welcome to suggestions for the application.

Now, here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fbtyvcirtvm4nwd/KusrIhfELo

as long as you are happy with your work drill that is the main thing as it is not my adopted launage I don't tend to run jarva application much well not JAR files anyway but I respect you for your work and shear your views on programming like I do any one who can program as there is so much to learn in each language Best of luck.

Kind Regards

Actually, and not meaning to be critical, but amongst other things that code has the potential for a few bugs in the GUI code because of threading issues. When I've got a bit more time I can run through them if you'd like?

Sure, be my guest. I always look forward to learning how to code better :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom