I can't learn ? Canadian.

Inmos

Baseband Member
I want to be a computer programmer.
but It seems I can't learn; i have been this way my whole life, pretty well dropped out of school in grade 6 (put into a special school) just pushed me by with out learning anything,
Dropped out in grade 9 pushed me into grade 12 few months left dropped again (very stupid idea) I don't know any math, I work in the woods and I'm Canadian I Plan on going back to school sometime ..

I'm just wondering if anyone would maybe have some tips to change this around or even point me the right way?? thanks ay . :D

PS:Sorry if this post is in the wrong place..

Sounds like you should go see a doctor to determine why you can't learn. It's possible that you have a learning disability that can be diagnosed and treated. But we are just a computer forum here, we can't really help at all with that.

Sounds like you should go see a doctor to determine why you can't learn. It's possible that you have a learning disability that can be diagnosed and treated. But we are just a computer forum here, we can't really help at all with that.

This - this sounds much more like a general medical / educational question rather than a computing question, and sorry to say if you haven't had luck in school with anything else then programming probably isn't going to just jump out as an amazing lifesaver.

I want to be a computer programmer.
but It seems I can't learn; i have been this way my whole life, pretty well dropped out of school in grade 6 (put into a special school) just pushed me by with out learning anything,
Dropped out in grade 9 pushed me into grade 12 few months left dropped again (very stupid idea) I don't know any math, I work in the woods and I'm Canadian I Plan on going back to school sometime ..

I'm just wondering if anyone would maybe have some tips to change this around or even point me the right way?? thanks ay . :D

PS:Sorry if this post is in the wrong place..

It can be done. I was born with a neurological disorder which meant that my learning curve was somewhat slower. I left special school at 16 with appalling language and oral skills. A decade or so later, I started to catch up and enrolled in college to gain a GCSE in English language. Only got a C-Grade, but the point was that I did it just to gain confidence and sort out my lack of skills. I also took various PC courses after that, mainly key skills early on, and realized that programming can be done by people without killer math skill. High level coding would probably be beyond those without high levels of math, but there is still hope that basic stuff can be learnt for everyday life. At least that is my viewpoint. Things can be done without a mainstream education, the trick is not to listen to the nay brigade, and yourself yes I can. Failure, don't worry about it, keep repeating you're attempts. There are more people on this planet who do not try!

Back
Top Bottom