help please :-(

migema

Beta member
sir i am new here and i just wanna ask you guys. do you have any tutorials for making dll files? and what programming language is used for making embedded programs in usb modems or broadbands. thank you in advance:angel:

sir i am new here

Welcome!

...and i just wanna ask you guys. do you have any tutorials for making dll files?
Not here that I'm aware of. What are you trying to achieve?

...and what programming language is used for making embedded programs in usb modems or broadbands. thank you in advance
Traditionally it's always been either ASM or C - these days though even some embedded devices are moving onto higher level languages like Java.

Welcome!

Not here that I'm aware of. What are you trying to achieve?

Traditionally it's always been either ASM or C - these days though even some embedded devices are moving onto higher level languages like Java.

sir what i am trying to achieve is i need to know making dll for thesis

sir what i am trying to achieve is i need to know making dll for thesis

You don't just "make a dll". It's a container for a programming library, you have to have something useful you want to put in it - then other programmers can import and use said file in their programs. What is it you want it to do or contain?

You don't just "make a dll". It's a container for a programming library, you have to have something useful you want to put in it - then other programmers can import and use said file in their programs. What is it you want it to do or contain?

sir i want to create a program that when i sent a message, the program will receive it and the it will automatically copy the message onto the notepad and will save it as a batch file that will auto execute. for that i need to create my own device where it will be used as the receiver of message.

I am a programmer and use 4 different languages Batch Script, vbscript Visual Basic and assembly,
Java is way too advanced and Visual basic is hard enough to learn as it is.
For what you want to achieve visual basic is plenty and you can design it yourself.
Let me explain a couple of things as this is my topic,
1 .dll files are dynamic library link and are connected to the registry they give the computer an instruction to carry out for example it is used for more than 1 or more operations
Example says you had a shopping list,
Rather than say each time go to the shops at: Tesco, Asda ect
With a dynamic library link file you could make the “Go TO” the main pointer
So the rest would be
Tesco
Asda
Ect
And the go to would be used as the commander
It also adds strings dword values and multi string values to the registry accordingly so you don't just make a .dll file it has to be programmed and saved to system 32 or an executable path.
There is loads of tutorials on visual basic and I have a load of code I can just let you download.
1 thing I did not understand is the fact you said you want the message to be displayed in notepad and then saved as a batch file then run automatically.
A batch file is a single a bunch of command prompt console commands that are run at once or as single commands you could not just put anything in there and it run it would not recognise it so are you trying to write a batch file or programme using visual basic
Please explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve.
I can help you in your quest but not sure what you want.
Kind Regards

I am a programmer and use 4 different languages Batch Script, vbscript Visual Basic and assembly,
Java is way too advanced and Visual basic is hard enough to learn as it is.
For what you want to achieve visual basic is plenty and you can design it yourself.
Let me explain a couple of things as this is my topic,
1 .dll files are dynamic library link and are connected to the registry they give the computer an instruction to carry out for example it is used for more than 1 or more operations
Example says you had a shopping list,
Rather than say each time go to the shops at: Tesco, Asda ect
With a dynamic library link file you could make the “Go TO” the main pointer
So the rest would be
Tesco
Asda
Ect
And the go to would be used as the commander
It also adds strings dword values and multi string values to the registry accordingly so you don't just make a .dll file it has to be programmed and saved to system 32 or an executable path.
There is loads of tutorials on visual basic and I have a load of code I can just let you download.
1 thing I did not understand is the fact you said you want the message to be displayed in notepad and then saved as a batch file then run automatically.
A batch file is a single a bunch of command prompt console commands that are run at once or as single commands you could not just put anything in there and it run it would not recognise it so are you trying to write a batch file or programme using visual basic
Please explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve.
I can help you in your quest but not sure what you want.
Kind Regards

the reason why i need the dll files is because that i need to create my own device that will receive message that contains ms dos commands. The program that i am going to create is like the dashboards of the broadband except the message that will be receive will be saved as a batch file.

for example:

the message contains "Shutdown /s /f /t 60"

the program will convert it into a batch file the the program will execute it on its own...this is the only thesis topic that i know because almost all of the topics in our school is already taken. please sir help me. and sir this may sound embarrassing do you happen to know any thesis topics? can you give me an advice?

Learn Batch Here

Link For Batch Programming

Visual Basic .dll Creation

Link for Creating a dll file in visual Basic 2008-2010

Visual Basic 2008 Tutorials

Click here to see the tutorials for beginners

Click this link to Download Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition. select vbsetup.exe

Link for download

are you intending to use multiple commands at once or single commands if you are using single commands you can use the following,

Dim Command As String
Command = "Command Goes Here"
Shell("cmd /k" & Command, 1, True)

or

Shell(
"Command Goes Here")

and to view information as a textbox or label

at the top put the following code

Imports System.ComponentModel

then in the click event,

Dim myProcess As New Process()
myProcess.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False
myProcess.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True
Try
myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "systeminfo"
myProcess.StartInfo.Arguments = ""
myProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
myProcess.Start()
Label1.Text = _
Replace(myProcess.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd(), _
Chr(13) & Chr(13), Chr(13))
myProcess.WaitForExit()
Catch ex As Win32Exception
MsgBox((ex.Message + ". Error Detected."))
End Try

if you want to add a batch file you write then greate the script and add it to the project.

this will get you started.

Good Luck with your Project.

How long do you have?

Kind Regards

sir i want to create a program that when i sent a message, the program will receive it and the it will automatically copy the message onto the notepad and will save it as a batch file that will auto execute. for that i need to create my own device where it will be used as the receiver of message.

I could load a rather viscious virus code in to one of the messages and your setup as it now would execute it. Not good.
You need to have a virus scanner look at the code first.

Learn Batch Here

Link For Batch Programming

Visual Basic .dll Creation

Link for Creating a dll file in visual Basic 2008-2010

Visual Basic 2008 Tutorials

Click here to see the tutorials for beginners

Click this link to Download Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition. select vbsetup.exe

Link for download

are you intending to use multiple commands at once or single commands if you are using single commands you can use the following,

Dim Command As String
Command = "Command Goes Here"
Shell("cmd /k" & Command, 1, True)

or

Shell(
"Command Goes Here")

and to view information as a textbox or label

at the top put the following code

Imports System.ComponentModel

then in the click event,

Dim myProcess As New Process()
myProcess.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False
myProcess.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True
Try
myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "systeminfo"
myProcess.StartInfo.Arguments = ""
myProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
myProcess.Start()
Label1.Text = _
Replace(myProcess.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd(), _
Chr(13) & Chr(13), Chr(13))
myProcess.WaitForExit()
Catch ex As Win32Exception
MsgBox((ex.Message + ". Error Detected."))
End Try

if you want to add a batch file you write then greate the script and add it to the project.

this will get you started.

Good Luck with your Project.

How long do you have?

Kind Regards

sir thank you very much i am truly greatful. :)

Back
Top Bottom