HELP easy C++ question

tha17

Baseband Member
im done coding. it compiles good and the program works.

how do i make it into a PROGRAM that people can run on their computer.

:confused: do i need an exe compiler?

probably already is, in the folder where your project is you'll find the .exe in a folder called Bin.

This is of course assuming your using Visual Studio.

noo...im using C++ code warrior for a compiler and i cant find a exe file in the destination folder.

I've never used that unfortunately. Is there any type of build option rather than just to compile? Check in the project options to see if there are any options for an output path. Sorry I can't help more dude.

Wherever your compile location is (you can find this by finding the location of where your files are saved) you should be able to see a folder called Debug. There is an .exe in there that you can use.

Download Bloodshed Dev C++, it's one of the better compilers/programming environments out there.

i see "WinSIOUX C++ GUI Debug" but it is an application. is that a exe? :\

i looked at every file. and every file within the files. but not one of them say under file type: .exe

i guess i should just use a more up to date compiler because this one i got from a college and i guess its REALLY old...

what are some EASY to use compilers?

Bloodshed Dev C++

Nope, don't use that. It comes with a dodgy, non-standard version of MinGW which isn't a good compiler at all. On top of that, the debugger is broken and it uses non-standard UNIX library formats (.a as opposed to the .lib on Windows).

It's now unsupported and hasn't been updated in forever (forever looking honestly like seven whole years, based on what SourceForge is telling me). I suggest you download Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition from Microsoft, it's completely free and does pretty much everything a beginner needs it to.

EDIT: wait a minute... if it compiles and it works, how aren't you getting an EXE? Try and see if you can find your destination or output folder, the EXE will be in there.

Back
Top Bottom