GUI in C++

ROSEBLOOD

Baseband Member
Does anyone know of a good tutorial(s) that give you and intro into GUI Programming for C++?? Links would be nice. Thanks in advance.

~ROSEBLOOD

I have also wanting to go into the visual side of C++. You probably think I would know it because of the OS and Game coding I am currently doing, but I don't.

My sugestion, would be to use visual-basic to make GUIs

The Doom<sup>3</sup> engine also makes very sweet GUI's. Look into that. NIce sh*t.

I hear you can use VB to make your GUI and then write the code in a C++ DLL, and link that to the GUI.

Never tried it though, but sounds good.

Or VC++ has a built in GUI editor but it's hell awful to use.

Dude the windows API for C++ is SO Anoyingly hard to use. It makes you want to stop programming in it. You have to rememmber 23 char. constants like HWNDSIZEPURPLEMONKEYDISHWASHER that of course is a constnant that always equals 3 or something. The best thing to do is find a template of how u like things, and just edit it for every project.

Dested said:
Dude the windows API for C++ is SO Anoyingly hard to use. It makes you want to stop programming in it. You have to rememmber 23 char. constants like HWNDSIZEPURPLEMONKEYDISHWASHER that of course is a constnant that always equals 3 or something. The best thing to do is find a template of how u like things, and just edit it for every project.

Couldn't agree more. In regular C++ you get

Code:
int main(int argc, char *argv[])

But in Win32, it's
Code:
int WINAPI(HwND random crud, LPSTRZYIS bollocks, .....)

But I'm using MessageBox(...), that's useful.

Back
Top Bottom