directory

courteous

Beta member
can any1 tell me where is the all details about any directory get stored.whether it is directory name,no. of files,their extensions or something else.and how can we access them.

All help is greatly appreciated...

thanx

Amit.

ya i knew it. but i want to know that any particular location . let where when i apply search for similar ext. files,it ll show.there must be some location where all the info abt them get stored. thats my point.

i'm waiting 4 ur reply

No, each directory has its own permissions. You would have to do it for each specific directory.

yes and yet no...

the easiest way to search for things by extension is to use the windows search...

however, if you have the indexing services switched on it is possible to integrate a program with the indexing features, (which should index just about every file on the machine (I don't know how this works though).

root said:
yes and yet no...

the easiest way to search for things by extension is to use the windows search...

however, if you have the indexing services switched on it is possible to integrate a program with the indexing features, (which should index just about every file on the machine (I don't know how this works though).

Yes, that is true. As well a good idea root, didnt think about that.

Back
Top Bottom