Custom IMing

Dark Assassin

In Runtime
My friend last year made this program that he uploaded to our school network that allowed IMing between anyone on the network...you either sent the IM to the username or the computer name of the person...

My question is, how do you accomplish something like this? What would it be programmed in and how would you do it? It was a pretty cool thing we did last year, but now I don't know how to do it again...

help?

That's pretty 1337 programming needed to do that - do you know what language he used?

It could well have been Visual Basic, or possibly C++.

If you entered a username, the program would have to know where that username was logged on, and if you entered a hostname, it would have to only affect that machine.

Are you sure he made it himself? That sort of thing is extremely complicated.

yeah, i'm sure he did it...but we've gotten out of touch and i don't know what language...

i would have to guess it was a C++ based app...

No too hard. Sure, It would take a bit of time, but shouldn't be too hard. I would guess that to connect to other computers he would get the computer ID, and then talk.

how would one go about programming that, and which language would be used?

if there are any internet links you know of to help with this, they would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom