Computer cleanup Batch File

irishsoldier1

Solid State Member
Are there any batch file gurus that can help me out. I am looking to create a batch file that will run spybot, adaware, and symantec antivirus. However, I would like each program to perform its duties before before the next app opens. I would also like to have all programs stay open after completion. Is this possible?

Are there any batch file gurus that can help me out. I am looking to create a batch file that will run spybot, adaware, and symantec antivirus. However, I would like each program to perform its duties before before the next app opens. I would also like to have all programs stay open after completion. Is this possible?

i think you'd probably wnat some kinda macro program and then you can convert the macro to a stand alone .exe file as a batch file to run commands of a program like scanning could be tricky unless your anti virus had liek a start scan.exe file within its file directory.

its perfectly possible, have a look around your virus / spyware directories and click a few of the .exe files other than the main 1 and see if it will trigger a scan if it does then the .bat file jus has to say launch that file.

i dont know how you would get it to pause and then start the next 1 though ?

i think you should look for a macro

Some applications like that have scheduled tasks. Why don't you just use that?
I know, I work IT and want to create batch files for my peers and customers for ease of use. I will get less calls as well, and this makes things very simple for the users. :) Also, I have found that scheduled scans can tend to screw up with software updates.

i think you'd probably wnat some kinda macro program and then you can convert the macro to a stand alone .exe file as a batch file to run commands of a program like scanning could be tricky unless your anti virus had liek a start scan.exe file within its file directory.

its perfectly possible, have a look around your virus / spyware directories and click a few of the .exe files other than the main 1 and see if it will trigger a scan if it does then the .bat file jus has to say launch that file.

i dont know how you would get it to pause and then start the next 1 though ?

i think you should look for a macro

Thank you for the information. Does anyone here have any knowledge of macros, or can someone redirect me to a good reference site so I can learn the ins and outs?

I know, I work IT and want to create batch files for my peers and customers for ease of use. I will get less calls as well, and this makes things very simple for the users. :) Also, I have found that scheduled scans can tend to screw up with software updates.

Thank you for the information. Does anyone here have any knowledge of macros, or can someone redirect me to a good reference site so I can learn the ins and outs?

hmmm well i dont know of any tutorial sites or anything. i do know its possible to make them from scratch yourself but is very difficult.

you can download loads of keyboard and mouse macros and then its basicly a case of pressing the record buton.

do your actions. and then press stop.

1 piece of advice i would give you if you are going to use macros then still use cmd or batch files to launch the programs, as you just said you'd be sending this out to clients / customers which means the chances are they have "anti virus" in a slightly different place on the start menu so it wouldnt work. but if you did bat/ cmd lanuches it would always be the same location. e.g C:/program files/anti virus/virus.exe

and then with a bit of luck the anti virus will always open centered in the screen so from there on all the buttons should be in the same place.

good luck macros are very tricky to perfect, i would say be patient aswell.
e.g if your running a high end c2d and you run the batch file and maybe 0.8 seconds later the anti virus is open so you click the "scan" tab and 0.3 seconds later its loaded the scan tab so you click scan.
if you roll that out to say an old celeron with 256 mb RAM it will take longer for things to load so when you run the bat file it may take 2 seconds to load the anti virus which means your click on the scan tab wouldnt have actually click then the scna button click will be a completely different place lol.

as i say perfecting macros is difficult just take your time. if you run the .bat file or command and it loads straight away count to 5 and then proceed to do the next step count to 5 again and proceed, its just easier that way you can roll it out to slower computers with no worries :D

Back
Top Bottom