Which Career Field To Choose

Kaotix

Baseband Member
I am going to go to an online school for my bachelor's degree in computer science but I don't know what field I want to go in to. Any suggestions on whats fun to do and job outlook for the future?

thread bump much?

anyway, on subject of computers, im doing A+ 701/702 exams in about a week, get me a little Microsoft badge and a job helping technologically inept PC users how to use their PCs lol

tbh, get a job programming for any UNIX, GNU or Mac/Windows release and you're a rich man.

It depends on what you're interested in. If you like coding, then you probably want to consider the field of programming or software development. If support is where your interest lies, then network administration is a better option for you. I would also suggest you get some additional professional certifications in your chosen field to enhance your job prospects. I have a friend who was in a similar situation as you a few years ago. He was extremely confused between the various computer degrees available, but finally decided to go with a CS degree at CollegeAmerica. He is doing quite well for himself right now and feels really glad he chose a CS degree over others.

personally I say go in to the field you like the best, dont want to do a job you dont like. If you like web design go for a juniour webdesign job. If you like taking computers apart try to find a desktop support job, you can learn what its like to work for a company and then progress in to more advanced stuff like SQL / AD and so on

Back
Top Bottom