3D object detecting and classification

3d-object

Beta member
Hi every one :rolleyes:

I have a project that detect and classify any 3D object , and it will be programmed in matlab with using NN tools.

But what is the interest and objective of the project detection and classification of three-dimensional objects ??

Who will get benefit from it?

all greetings :)

Is that even humanly possibly?
Define "classify" and "detect" any 3D object.
If you mean it sees a toy car and says "that's a toy car". That is almost impossible.. Well.. by the means of detecting all objects.

when it sees a toy car then says "that's a car" only.

Inputs for this program is for pictures and not video. Initially will be detect and the classification of the 3 objects.

why you say it's impossible :confused:

I think you need to be a little clearer about what you're saying here - when you say detectany 3D object, are you talking about complex structures (like cars, computers, phones etc.) or solids like a cube, sphere and so on? How do you plan to detect them?

Also, is your question about how you'd implement such a thing or about the potential advantages if such a program were to exist? Depending on your answer to that question the results could be quite different :)

are you talking about complex structures (like cars, computers, phones etc.) or solids like a cube, sphere and so on?

I'm talking about complex structures , and especially (car, human face, plane)as first step in my project.

How do you plan to detect them?

I'm thinking about using Haar algorithm .
collect images , simulate it ...

is your question about how you'd implement such a thing or about the potential advantages if such a program were to exist?

I would like some ideas that could benefit from its application in the world.
For example, benefit to blind, 3D designers , architects.....

I hope to be clear :eek:

I'm talking about complex structures , and especially (car, human face, plane)as first step in my project.
It's going to be rather tricky IMO and I doubt it'll be reliable when you've done it - but in terms of use cases:

- Benefit to the blind is a good one. A program that could reliably, automatically describe an image in human form would be brilliantly useful.
- I fail to see how it'd benefit 3D designers and architects? I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to work with human (and most likely their own) descriptions of images!
- Image searching is the obvious one I can think of if it was done accurately, then searches could be based on the content of the image alone instead of the text around them.
- Filtering out suspicious material from web pages (if this was a reliable and fast algorithm browsers could do it on the fly and suspect images could be blocked rather than maintaining a blacklist of web pages.
- Data mining (automatic categorisation of images in a database and similar)

Back
Top Bottom