Windows Vista Home Premium

Troy, you can tunr off UAC in the Users option in CP.

Yeah but the only problem is that if I turn it off, it doesn't do useful things. It's not that annoying yet, but if it does annoy me I'll turn it off.

Does winpatrol work with vista? that's similar to UAC except less annoying. If it works I might give it a shot.

Win vista

I got a laptop with windows vista Premium on it, I have 1 gig of ram 256 meg graphics card and even when I turn vista Aero off it runs SOOOOOOOO slow!:mad:

But overall its good, but i rather ubuntu new version with the added graphics

I'm on Vista Home Premium 64-bit right now and I have to say I do like it better than XP. The only annoying thing is compatability issues with some programs and games that I would of normally used. That's why I still have a dual-boot setup.

Oh yeah, plus I can't get my wireless printer set up on Vista yet. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
OMG same here so annoying compadability issue!!! so many games I cant play!

I don't see anything wrong with UAC.
Just hold CTRL+A or CTRL+C when you know you have to.

When I first got Vista I did an upgrade over XP MCE, and it took about 20 minutes, I did it also on my dads HP DV1000 laptop and it took a few hours, and I had a lot more crap.
Since I heard clean installs are faster either way I did a clean install, also in 20 minutes.

I'm on Vista Home Premium 64-bit right now and I have to say I do like it better than XP. The only annoying thing is compatability issues with some programs and games that I would of normally used. That's why I still have a dual-boot setup.

Oh yeah, plus I can't get my wireless printer set up on Vista yet. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

like wut

Vista is great, but it still has software compatibility problems with xp, etc. I have vista Ultimate 64bit and I still haven't installed it yet because vista is so demanding on the hardware, and I don't care to upgrade my cpu, mobo, and memory for it when i won't get that drastically increase in performance.

I have Vista on my laptop and have yet to experience any issues..
I like the operating system, but did immediately disable UAC.

Back
Top Bottom