Asus Rampage II Extreme - Good or Bad?

Jake Harris

In Runtime
Asus Rampage II Extreme & Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme - Good or Bad?

Hello Everyone,

You've probably seen me around these forum's getting into arguement's with moderators and posting about re-doing the network in my house and building a extremely high end gaming computer. I'd like some Advice from all you hard core gamer's out there like me. I've been seriously considering getting the Asus Rampage II Extreme or the Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme for my Motherboard for my new build. What do you guy's say? Yes? No? What board would you suggest if no and what's better on the board you suggest then the Asus Rampage II Extreme or Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme.

Asus Rampage II Extreme - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4303010&CatId=4068

Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4323387&CatId=4068

Sincerely,

Jake,

You said you didn't know how to overclock, these motherboards are designed for people who are going to put them under liquid nitrogen and go for world records, not for someone who just wants to build a stock system. Even the cheaper X58 boards are more than enough for someone with great knowledge of OC'ing and water cooling.

Just save yourself some money.

MSI X58 PRO.

Worship,

I appreciate you replying. I'm currently learning how to overclock by reading up online..... and so on. I'm a Hard Core Gamer, So I like speed extremely fast speeds... I've been looking at the new X4's that AMD have and there pretty impressive.... The only thing I dont like about them is there isnt any DDR3 Support yet. Which I dont like.... So, I may go with Intel, But I may go with a new AMD X4 and go with that for now until they come out with DDR3 Motherboard's then I'll switch to a new motherboard with AMD, As they are very reliable and I've had a AMD processor before and I love them. Great for gaming.

This board is amazing!! It has overclocking software preloaded into the bios! You just put in your target cpu speed and it increases the fsb, cpu multiplier, and voltages accordingly! I have a friend who has this board and it does everything for you. Great buy!

Back
Top Bottom