New custom PC build

MonsterMawd

Baseband Member
11-119-307-12.jpg

This is my new build with the Coolermaster Mastercase 5 / Pro. I'll be using Z87X-OC motherboard with EK block for south bridge. Two GTX 980 cards that will be cooled with Koolance blocks. Inspiration of my exterior paint scheme is the 1970 Porsche 917 from Steve McQueen Le Man. The liquid cooling lines will be stainless steel tubing with .5" OD fittings, to emulate brake/fuel lines from the car.

Cooler Master pro / 5 mid tower case with Porsche 917 GULF RACING paint scheme

gulf_porsche_2_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

gulf_porsche_9z_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

gulf_porsche_9y_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

Gigabyte Z87X-OC Motherboard. I'll be cooling CPU with Bitspower Summit EF waterblock with smoked acrylic top.

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block3.jpg

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block1.jpg

You forgot the orange along the bottom for gulf livery. Not my favorite livery by far. I think I'd have used a nicer looking and better designed case as well and the couch of gpu's makes me wonder a bit.
You neglected to even mention the most important thing in the build, the CPU.
And I have moved away from the liquid cooling gimmick and never looked back. Why add so much infrastructure to move heat from metal to water to air when it's more efficient and safer and simpler to move it from metal straight to air with more efficient fins and fns? I suppose I thought it looked cool when I was a kid but in truth my builds today look a lot cleaner and sleeker without all the tubes and reservoirs sitting there blocking airflow that could be used more effectively if it were not there.

I am sure you will have fun doing it, but in the end it's not anything I'd want on my desk or even in my office space.

Good luck.

Nice job, yeah a pic of the complete case would be awesome.

I always wondered about water cooling. I know they can be very good at cooling the CPU, but what happens when the water pump goes out?

Is it easy to just replace the pump, or do you have to replace the whole unit?

I'm just curious about that.

11-119-307-12.jpg

This is my new build with the Coolermaster Mastercase 5 / Pro. I'll be using Z87X-OC motherboard with EK block for south bridge. Two GTX 980 cards that will be cooled with Koolance blocks. Inspiration of my exterior paint scheme is the 1970 Porsche 917 from Steve McQueen Le Man. The liquid cooling lines will be stainless steel tubing with .5" OD fittings, to emulate brake/fuel lines from the car.

Cooler Master pro / 5 mid tower case with Porsche 917 GULF RACING paint scheme

gulf_porsche_2_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

gulf_porsche_9z_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

gulf_porsche_9y_cooler_master_mastercase_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech.jpg

Gigabyte Z87X-OC Motherboard. I'll be cooling CPU with Bitspower Summit EF waterblock with smoked acrylic top.

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block3.jpg

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block1.jpg
That looks awesome. +1 to seeing it completed

Back
Top Bottom