Liquid CPU cooling help? Please

Steevn606

Beta member
Hello, I'm new to this website, but that's not why I'm here.
You see I ordered this computer off cyberpower,

Gamer Xtreme XT

Everything is the same on there, but I changed the 700 watt to a 800 watt
Anyways if you have already look at the liquid cooling CPU cooler.
Here's what I need help on, I have never owned a liquid cooling CPU, and I'm worried I'm going to screw up my computer by getting water in it? Like do I have to take it out every 6 months and refill it? With some kind of water? Or do you not take it out at all? And just fill it with water from somewhere while it's still attached? I really need help guys. Is it easy to do or what? Thanks

For closed loops, such as the H50/H70, you don't need to empty or fill them. However, for pretty much every other loop (ones not filled in a Grade-A CleanRoom), The optimal change time is 8 months for the first change, then 12 months each change after. As for fill, some people use distilled + PT nuke, others use near-pure silver coils as a biocide. I, personally use a synthetic fluid called FeserF1. It's not exactly the best, but it transfers heat exceptionally well and is non-conductive.

For refilling, just find the lowest point in your loop, and pull a hose. Let it drain into a cup or bucket. You may need to shake it around a bit to get it all out. Then close the loop back up securely, and fill it from the fillport on your reservoir. Again, moving the computer around to let the air get out. Short out your PSU, (with only your pump plugged in) and get some liquid moving through the loop. Add more if necessary. Rinse; repeat.

Back
Top Bottom