Intel Celeron E3300 2.50 GHz Dual Core Processor, AND MORE!

PCs_ForTheWin

Baseband Member
Hi, i have some questions... first, is this system good for gaming? (i wanna make sure with all you because i will never have the knowledge some of you have now)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
asus P5G41T-M LX Motherboard
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel X4500 512 mb Video Card
intel Celeron E3300 Dual core 2.5 GHz
500 GB SATA2 16 mb Cache
ALLPCZONE ORION 400 WATT PSU
NOTE: the strongest game i play right now is burnout paradise, not sure if ill get black ops yet...
Second. i have heard from the local youtube that people manage to
OC their intel celeron E3300 to 3.5 Ghz STABLE. id like to know how many here think that sounds doable. i dont know because this is the first new and fast computer im going to buy (sometime tommorow). at first i thought that a 2.5 dual core was good but finding out people OC these as well makes me wonder how frikin awsome it is to do, or IF this processor can handle it. if it is deemed safe enough with the above specs, i'll go ahead and do it. (when i have the computer)

Celerons are the cheap Intel CPUs. They are not good performers, especially in a gaming rig. I used to overclock a couple of old Celeron PCs I used to have, but was never impressed with their performance.

what were the specs of your celeron pc's?
were they less then the specs i listed?
you cant blame a processor for the performance of a computer. even an i7 would suck with 512 mb ram

That computer will not be any good for gaming. The CPU is an older low end model. The GPU is intel onboard. The PSU is terrible. Basically, you will have to completely rebuild it to turn it into a decent gamer.

What is your budget? I could almost definitely put something better than that together.

300 dollars
id be happy if you could find me better than what im currently going to get.
asus P5G41T-M LX Motherboard
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel X4500 512 mb Video Card
intel Celeron E3300 Dual core 2.5 GHz
500 GB SATA2 16 mb Cache
ALLPCZONE ORION 400 WATT PSU

Yes, my current pc specs are
250 GB IDE HDD
Nvidia Geforce 6200 256 mb
4 GB DDR1 RAM
Intel Pentium 4 2.66 GHz

none of my current pc needs too be reused, just make it better than the one i have provided, and all for around 300 dollars.

(i'll edit this when i have words, need second to collect self pride)

EDIT: are you sure its all compatable?!?!

Back
Top Bottom