Gigabyte 990 AMD 1090T OC

FenixFan08

In Runtime
Well I have that setup running in my title and I can run it at 4.02GHz on Prime95 and my cpu never reached above 45C. And that was for 2 and a half hours. It seems very stable. I used a tutorial I found on youtube to do it so I wasn't exactly sure of everything I was changing but have a good idea. Does anyone know if I should be able to get this to lets say like 4.2 GHz? That was really my goal. I have heard of people getting into like 70 to 80C running Prime95. So I feel like I should be safe from overheating (H100 Push/Pull 4x Cougar Fans) around 4.2? Just wondering if anyone had some advice for me?

Thanks,

Fenix

Push it up slowly and keep and eye on the temps. That cooler should do a good job of keeping everything cool. Run P95 for at least 3 hours. If any of the workers stop, then you know you need to back off a bit. 4.02GHz is a nice overclock.

prim95 it for longer for a full test to make shore its not over heating push it up slowly keep testing with prim95 and if it over heats drop the speed down abit. then when your happy do a cold start and run prim95 say 8-10 hours to make shore everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom