Your views on this router

HLA91

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, nice forum by the way

I am looking to buy a router for my room in Uni for 2 reasons, for xmas I am getting a HTC desire HD and I would like to have wifi in the block for it (uni wifi is unreliable in halls) and also a few of my flatmates and I play red faction multiplayer using another boys router but he refuses to leave it on so we can only play when he is in the flat, kind of annoying so that is why I went looking for my own router.

Anyway I have seen this one on amazon click me please and it looks the business and the price is good (very important) I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions about it or whether there is something better for around the same price.

Thanks for your help and merry christmas

HLA91

I have had a netgear router for many years now and I have never had a problem and if there was a netgear router for the right price I would go for it but I cant see one, I believe TP-Link to be a good brand though I have only had 1 of their products before a Wireless USB dongle and it has never let me down.
In the absence of a netgear, would that one I suggested do the job, I also noticed it is N so I believe that to be faster transfer rate (only if you have N products though isn't it) but even if we have G products at least it will hopefully be very good speed?

Well I would also look into trying to find a router that you could possible run dd-wrt or tomato. With dd-wrt, you can pretty much do anything you would like to on your router... such as just turn a residential grade router to a commercial grade router. A good netgear router that will be able to handle what you want is WNR-3500L. It is support by dd-wrt and has full wireless "N" and gigabit speeds.

Back
Top Bottom