Your opinion on these ISP?

mike505

Beta member
I currently have the comcast triple play package but am fed up with the service (or lack-there-of). My internet connection goes out just about every day for several minutes. Sometimes multiple times a day. Comcast doesn't know why this is happening or what they can do to fix it, and it seems like they are not making any effort to resolve this problem.

Here's my question:

I want to change my internet service from Comcast to a different company. Right now I'm looking at RoadRunner , Cox, and possibly Verizon. What is your opinion on these companies? What's your opinion on a company that I didn't mention?

My household usually has 2-4 machines on the internet at any given time. We use the internet for online gaming, live-streaming videos, research, and uploading and watching YouTube videos. So I need an internet that can do all of this and still be fast.

Thanks for reading. Please help me out.

I have roadrunner and love it. I'm sharing it between 3+ computers at one time. Only thing that sucks about any cable-based internet is the crappy upload speeds. However, if you don't have a server that you constantly access files form off-site then you'll be fine.

I have cox and the service is godawful. The internet disconnects for a while every night, and it tends to drop the connection frequently. Their servers are really overloaded during the day, so expect 10-20% of the claimed bandwidth. And don't even get me started on their "customer service." They will blatantly ignore everything you tell them whenever there is a problem, then make up a stupid excuse and get the hell outta there. Seriously, I cannot count how many times they blamed a splitter, which they put in place the last time they "fixed" our connection.

Go with Verizon. The upload speeds are fantastic, and everyone I know who uses it loves it.

I have cox and the service is godawful. The internet disconnects for a while every night, and it tends to drop the connection frequently. Their servers are really overloaded during the day, so expect 10-20% of the claimed bandwidth. And don't even get me started on their "customer service." They will blatantly ignore everything you tell them whenever there is a problem, then make up a stupid excuse and get the hell outta there. Seriously, I cannot count how many times they blamed a splitter, which they put in place the last time they "fixed" our connection.

Go with Verizon. The upload speeds are fantastic, and everyone I know who uses it loves it.

Totally agree, Cox is a JOKE! I lived with a random freezing connection for 9 months then decided to find out what it was. Turns out it was their head end freezing the connection to my modem. I told them where the problem was but obviously not how to fix it. The manager didn't want to do anything until they saw the problem happen in person. This happened about the time they upgraded to a faster speed. Some setting somewhere or line just wasn't right. I'm now a happy AT&T dsl customer.

Back
Top Bottom