XP Home Roamng Profiles & Active Directory?

J03

~~~~~~~~
Hey all! I just installed Windows Server 2003 to my old PC, and want to try and do roaming profiles. For now, it will just be for MY Computer, but if all goes well, i will set this up for my parents two PC's. My question is, how do i set up roaming profiles? I think it envolves Active Directory, but theres not active directory in my administrative tools window. Also, is it possible to use roadming Profiles with Windows XP Home, because i am sure i saw somone in my school on the network using a domain with XP Home, but i cant seem to be able to find an option to turn it on it control pannel.

XP home does not have roaming profiles option, as far as im aware. There is also no domain option either. You will need to get Pro

Ahh! That Sucks! I REALLY thought that somone in my school was using XP Home, and on the network! Oh Well - Is it possible to perform an Upgrade from Home to Pro, without formatting?

Good :D And, How do i get Active Directory to "Show Up?" on the administraton tools list?

I think what you saw at school, was someone with their folder mapped, however, Home cannot join domains.

And you need to set up DNS, and Active Directory on the Server, I had serious problems with permissions with 2003 lately, straight onto 2000, which works great.

omg. I have decided to forget it. Active Directory cant find the File Replicatior Service, or some crap like that. might try 2000, when i can be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom