Wireless suddenly poor connection

Staxix

Solid State Member
Hey guys

So, i've been using a wireless on my computer for just over a year now, and always been relatively fine.
Recently (around a week and half, maybe 2 weeks ago) I suddenly went from a full 5 bar connection, to a 3 bar connection and lucky to get 4.
This seems to be just on my pc, and no other device seems to be affected.
I'm using a wireless adapter thingy (not sure the real name :facepalm:) to connect to the internet.

- Btw, I cant really connect wired internet because of the position if the computer :/

Any ideas what's wrong with it?

Cheers :)

You say that nothing is wrong with everyone else whom can connect?
What changes have you made? What did you install that had not been installed before this happened?

His signal strength changed so I doubt it's something he's installed..

Here's the thing with wireless - It's finicky at best. Ignoring issues with your adapter any of the following can interfere with wireless signal strength:

Microwaves
cordless phones
new walls
new doors
weather
Antennas falling over (if anything has an antenna)
depending on where you live, the addition of/changes to a neighbor's wireless network

Now what's not clear is this, are you having any issues because of the lower signal strength? If not then it might not be something you need to worry about.

yeah my first guest is a microwave or cordless phone. Try resetting the wireless on the laptop off/on. deleting the signal and restarting, and refreshing the router.

Back
Top Bottom