wireless networking playing up

EUniqe

Beta member
hey everyone

few months ago, had to re-format my laptop (dell inspiron 1520), and ever since the wireless has been playing up. it comes with a program (Intel PROset/Wireless), but i've been using windows to manage the wireless networking.

anyway if i leave the computer on too long, windows will disable all wireless connecting for me, without notice, and any attempt to enable, or repair the wireless, the computer pretty much says "meh, can't be bothered helping you. piss off, and leave me alone"

so i tried using the old program to manage the networking, the intel one, and whenever i try to connect to my home network (using a wireless router), the program repeatedly thinks that i'm trying to CREATE a network from the laptop, and that i'm trying to add the network (that i clicked on) ALREADY SET UP to the one it THINKS i'm trying to make. there's nowhere in the program to change this, nothing that says anything about it in the helpfile etc, so i'm screwed pretty much.

anybody had this problem? i'm sick of piece of crap computers that never just do what you ask them to. please help me :(

I'd try re-installing the drivers for the wireless card. Also you could remove the software and re-install it. Check to make sure the Power Settings on the laptop don't allow the wireless network to turn off to save battery power. This is a setting on some laptops that causes problems.

Back
Top Bottom