Wireless network challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

allinson.gm

Beta member
Hi there.

Query that may or may not be possible, and could certainly be a challenge!

I'm at University, and can only connect to the internet using an ethernet cable in my room, no wireless. I can try and create a network using an apple extreme base station, but as the network is secure it won't let me register this as a device, and just keeps prompting me to re-register after I complete it. Therefore, I can't use any tablets in my room.

Any ways to bypass LAN security for this purpose?

Is there a way around it? Probably. Every security system has holes, they just aren't always easy to find or exploit.

That said, since it's the University's network and you probably signed an agreement that stated you wouldn't try to get around their security measures we can't really help you.

Is there any reason why you can't go to the school's IT department to see if they can help you set up the base station?

Yeah, they told me I couldn't use anything like a base station. And as the wifi areas are nowhere near my room it severely limits tablet usage, quite annoying. I don't see the harm in using a base station or express to boost the network.

I doubt I'd get into much trouble if I found away around it and got caught though. Any suggestions on how to go about doing it, or where to find more information about how to go about it?

Cheers.

If they told you you can't do it, then we can't help you. It's against forum rules to assist people break the law or hack through something that is not theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom