Wireless keeps disconnecting

Daviss

Baseband Member
Hello.
I have recently set up a wireless network for my house. We use a Netgear Wireless G-Router WGR 614 v9. There are 3 people connecting to it and usually in the evenings i keep getting disconnected from the wireless network. I can instantly reconnect but it is still very annoying. I think it happens when someone else is connected to the network.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is it something to do with the network setup or my laptop?

Thanks

That's the router my girlfriend has here at our appartment (she had it before i moved in). A firmware upgrade fixed that for us. Get them online. THe autodect built into the web-setup does not dectect the latest firmware so you'll need to download that on their site.

Remember when updating firmware, use a hardwire to connect to the router not wireless.

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that i live in the UK and in the firmware download page it says For North America Users only. I tried netgear.com and netgear.co.uk and they both redirect me to the same download page which is the US one.

Do you think its fine if i use the firmware that says For North America Users only?

I would imagine that they'd be the same thing. Before doing it though, I'd try emailing their tech support just to be safe. If you want to try without emailing, i doubt anything bad will happen, but you are doing it at your own risk.

I did notice that the update from May 8th is not for NA only. If you don't have that version, give that a shot and see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom