Wireless Adapter + Wireless Adapter - Best Product For Gaming?? Help Please!

Jamiedanieldavis

Beta member
Hello community! :)

This is my first post here and I thought that I might be able to get a little advise/help on a problem I'm having. :facepalm:

I just recently moved to a new location in the same city. I'm still using the same ISP that I was with prior as well. I do a lot of gaming and e-trading online, so I'm on the computer a good part of the day.

I'm currently using a linksys wireless router and a d-link adapter on a home PC (HP). The signal is poor and not giving much reliability. I have the network get dropped a lot / lag issues. Before I moved I was connecting through the same router, but via directly connecting to the router (not using wireless with a adapter).

My router is in my garage downstairs and I connect up stairs. The ISP said they could not hook the router up stairs because the lines are bad on the upper level. I've never had to use wireless connecting with my computer from more than 10 feet away from the router itself. Now that I'm actually suffering from the distance I am from the router I need better performance. I really want a router and adapter that's going to give me great performance that's reliable for online gaming.

If anyone could help with some knowledge from experience in this situation I would be very thankful! :D

If you could list the following..

1) Wireless N Router for wireless use, with great range/performance

2) Wireless Adapter with great range/performance

Would prefer the two products to be from the same vendor as well. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom