wireless adapter is buggy..

dude_se

Proper Legend
all of a sudden my belkin network adapter wont pick up my network, it will pick up my neighbours and every one elses just not mine. im sure this started when i set up mac address filtering. ive turned all that off and its the same story on 2 of my pc's. my laptop has built in wifi so i dont need to use it on there. what could be wrong?

erm maybe the drivers for the adaptors have been updated , also the firmware on the router you could upgrade this this may sort the problem
?
you havent moved the router or the pc have you ?

everythings stayed the same. the router has the latest fw (october 05 or something, what a con) and the adapter has the only working firmware (off the cd, the ones off the net dont even do anything)

yeah goop point actually
it could be conflicting with your neighbours roputers , switch the router over to a different channel if possible

hmm ok ill give it a shot when i get back from work, i have to leave in 20 mins so dont want to start now

i changed the channel from 13 to 1 and it seems to have sorted it. cheers, +1

A lot of times that can be the case. I had everyone and their brother on ch 6 near the hotel. I jumped over to ch 9 and made the ssid the name of the hotel. From that point other than bandwidth not being enough it's been good.

Back
Top Bottom