WiFi randomly disconnects

Staxix

Solid State Member
I've got a computer from a friend currently and the wifi randomly disconnects after use. I managed to fix this a few months ago in the Network and sharing centre but now the problem is back and I can't remember what I did last time. The problem is definitely with the computer as every other device works perfectly and, as I said, I managed to fix this last time just on the computer.

The internet seems to disconnect after slight use. At first I was only able to visit 1 web page before it disconnected, I then changed the wireless mode from IEEE 802.11b/g/n to b/g and I can now visit several web pages before it disconnects again.

The wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8192CU wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 network adapted.

Sorry for such a long post
Thanks
- Aaron

The router doesn't have 5ghz support and every other device works perfectly.

Also the drivers are updated.

I've noticed it seems to lose connection after a certain amount of use. If I can't find a solution I'll try a fresh reinstall of windows.
Cheers for the replies
- Aaron

You also might try disabling power management of the wifi adapter in Device Manger. I've seen this cause problems with connectivity on laptops before.

You also might try disabling power management of the wifi adapter in Device Manger. I've seen this cause problems with connectivity on laptops before.

I've this problem and this has solved my problems. Also how far away or close to the router are you and is it near anything that could interference?

Back
Top Bottom