Want to change network priority.

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
OK i have 2 computers on a wired network, both using SP2. the one computer "Family" only uses the internet for surfing. my computer uses it for online gaming. when someone is using the internet on the family computer i am unable to play some online games. so i was thinking maybe there is a setting in SP2 that will allow me to set my computer to a higher priority so my connection will be faster then the one upstairs. My router came with some software but it doesn't seem to want to install on my computer and i havn't got around to trying it on the family computer.

You cannot really change network priority... your broadband connection is shared by all computers... if one computer is using the network, that computer has full bandwith. if two or more computers are using the network, then the bandwith is split between the computers. more priority is given to the computer that is asking more bandwith like gamers. In this case, you cannot control your bandwith on the shared connection.

You can try to optimize your connection by using cablenut: http://www.cablenut.com

Back
Top Bottom