Tv

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
I was wondering about having my dad upgrade our TV / Internet provider. We are considering between switching to Comcast, Direct TV, or a Dish network. We would like to consider a cheap yet practical TV service, though it would be nice if the same company also provided decent internet service. What are your recommendations?

I was looking at switching to Direct or Dish. I was going to go with Dish because they offered local channels in my area and Direct did not. It also depends on what channels you want to have. I did a channel/price comparison to see which channels I could get from each company and how much it would be. I then talked to my local TV/Internet provider and they told me they would be offering HD and DVR service in the near future, as well as upgrading the Interent speed without raising prices. I ended up sticking with them in the end because those were the reasons I was leaving.

My apologies for having not replying sooner.

For TV service, I'm not really looking for anything special. Maybe 100 channels... or less. Basically simmilar to the Comcast TV service I have now. (I will be moving with my parents to a new house) so we'd either keep Comcast TV or seek a different service. We currently only watch channels like CNN, Fox, Fox News, CN, Disney, Nick, SyFi, and few others. We aren't too extreme with TV, though we would like a fair ammount of channels. We have had Dish in the past, and I recall the signal getting funky during a storm - something of which we can't stand.

As far as internet service, we currently have DSL provided by Quest. I am strongly considering an upgrade to something a bit faster. Again, I think of Comcast, though I would like to hear from your recommendations.

Telephone service - I don't recall what we have, though we are not extreme callers. Very few times we make long-distance calls to contact part of our family in Europe. I rarely use the phone myself.

I have known of Comcast tripple-play, which basically checks phone service, TV service, AND Internet service in one setting.

Now, what I am thinking of in terms of practicality is Comcast internet, Direct TV TV, and some kind of phone service. What phone service would you recommend?

EDIT: I believe I left out one detail:

We have 5 TV's.

I can't really help you there. Like I said, we now go with a local company for all 3 (interent, phone, cable) so I don't know what the national brands have to offer. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom