trouble running windows xp bluetooth wizard

Tahmoores

Beta member
Hi

I have an installed bluetooth adapter and I wanna use my mobile phone as a dial up modem ( Not GPRS ) to connect to internet through bluetooth connection between computer and mobile phone...

I wanted to run the bleutooth wizard placed in control panel but i don't find it.
Even when i type bthprops.cpl in Run panel to run the wizard , nothing happens.

Is there any way to solve the problem? I looked in microsoft help topics but they were not useful.

Or is there any software instead to this job for me?

Man, that's going to constitute a slow connection.

Well, first of all you have to have a bluetooth reciever on your computer.

I have an installed bluetooth adapter

So, does that mean you have the adapter installed on your computer?

If you DO have this adapter already installed on your computer then a My Bluetooth places should be available:

1.Turn on the Bluetooth enabled cell phone and turn on the Bluetooth connection software.
2.Make the phone discoverable.
3.In Windows XP on the laptop go to My Bluetooth Places.
4.Select View Devices in Range.
5.After the discovery process is complete, you should see the icon for the cell phone.
6.Right-click on the icon and select Discover Available Services.
7.To connect to your cell phone right-click on the Dial-Up Networking.
8.Select Connect Dial-up networking.
9.The phone will ask if you want to accept the connection request, decline or add to paired.
10.The last step pairs the phone and laptop and performs the connection request.
11.You will be prompted to enter a PIN code to pair up the devices, the PIN is entered in the cell phone.
12.A dialogue box appears asking for user name, password and the phone number of your ISP.
13.Click on the dial button to complete the connection.

-Q

Back
Top Bottom