Triple Nic

jsharpe1

Beta member
I have an XP machine that I need to access 3 different networks in my small office. Each network needs to be secure but I need to manage this small office and rather quickly. Have you ever bseen or do you recommend using 3 NICs in my PC to connect to the 3 switches of each network?

One is set up as 192.168.1.x
The second is 192.168.9.x
The last is 10.0.0.x

Could you describe a little more as to why there are 3 different networks? Kind of an odd setup for a "small office" if you ask me. If we understand a little more of what you're doing, there might be a better way to go about it.

FYI, inside your NIC TCP/IP properties is an "alternate" configuration tab where you can manually input ip configuration for a 2nd connection.

Assuming you have enough empty PCI slots for the NICs, 3 separate NICs will work fine. But if you don't, then you might wanna look into NICs that have multiple ports.

You'll be fine, we run 2 nics in each of the programmer computers where I work. 1 for the main network, and one for the development network.

yea it will work perfectly fine as none of the ip's will conflict. does seem like an odd setup though lol

The set up is in a radio station.

One NIC card goes to the business office network. The second NIC goes to the automation system and the third NIC is to the studio/producers' network. They are all independent for security reasons but this one person who handles sales & operations needs access to all three networks.

Currently he is using PCAnywhere which is just a bear.

Back
Top Bottom