Starting a Bussines

Duffman

Beta member
I am starting gamming cafe and I was wondering about one thing. I now that some how when you network everything you can set it up so that you dont have to use CD's in every computer for the games. It has something to do with maping the cd keys to the main computer but i'm not sure how to do it if you have any ideas that would be awsome :)

no there is a thing called drive mapping but i am not so sure how to use it, ask kage

All drive mapping has this format:
"\\[computer name]\[network share]" OR

"\\[IP Address]\[Network share]" This format is reccommended

To map network drives:
Open windows explorer. Go to tools~>Map network drive. Enter the share and the eligible user credentials that can access the share.

Suggestions:
Create ISOs for each game. Copy them to all the computers. Install an emulator on all the computers to emulate virtual CD drives (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5). Assign each ISO to a virtual CD.

In your case, sharing drives across networks is not recommended unless you have a fast server and that your network is hardwired and has a big bandwidth and fast speeds.

well, you could do alll that or you could just download virtual drive, or gamedrive
thats what they use at the internet cafe i go to, its fairly cheap.
I use virtual drive at home for battlefield, seems to run faster

Back
Top Bottom