Slow Internet Browsing?

evomunk

Solid State Member
recently i've been experiencing some slow internet browsing. pictures load slowly, and videos take a while for buff, and load. especially youtube, where sometimes ill be staring at that loading icon in the middle for 10 minutes or so until it actually starts filling the bar red. also downloading files that are only like 50MB that takes longer than it should. i tried to reset the modem but it only helps sometimes.

ISP: FIOS

about a half hour ago it was acting like that. but right now the browsing is perfectly fine. i did a speedtest, and got a result of 4.84MB Download / 1.83 Upload. i also have to mention that during the slow browsing experiences, the speedtest website gets affected too. for example, i'll choose my city that i wanna test the speed on, then the gauges loads, and it will says testing downloading. but right after that, the test doesn't start at all.

i'm using kaspersky internet security, and as for viruses, and trojans:

3 Trojan.generic:

2 are STEAM.EXE
1 SETUP_PROJECTTORQUE_20090618_DNA.EXE [free online racing game]

1 Worm.P2P.generic:

COHUPDATER.EXE [City of Heroes]

i've already deleted that "project torque" game since i don't play it at all.

clean your temp/cache files
I suggest CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com
after doing this unplug your connection, wait 15seconds, plug it back in see if that works, if your internet is slow but your computer is overall normal speed, contact your ISP

well those 3 trojans on there will definitly slow things down because they allow other malware and/or viruses to enter your computer basically leaving a a hole in your computer. The speed stuff might change because those trojans are allowing whatever stuff to be downloaded that shouldn't or doesn't need to be downloaded. Get rid of those... what browser are you using? Internet explorer is nortorious for easily getting malware attached to it.

well those 3 trojans on there will definitly slow things down because they allow other malware and/or viruses to enter your computer basically leaving a a hole in your computer. The speed stuff might change because those trojans are allowing whatever stuff to be downloaded that shouldn't or doesn't need to be downloaded. Get rid of those... what browser are you using? Internet explorer is nortorious for easily getting malware attached to it.

i have not used IE ever since i built my computer back in january. i've been using firefox mostly, and chrome. what program do you recommend to remove these trojans?

I'm pretty sure any anti-virus program will get rid of them... my kaspersky does. You could try malware bytes @

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

on the left hand side you have a buy or free option which you can freely choose whichever you want, the buy version is going to be a little more detailed than the free.

i think it seems to be my physical memory, and it's very low...

Total: 4093
Cached: 2825
Free: 60

CPU Usage: 3%____Physical Memory: 40%

Back
Top Bottom