Should I worry about Yellow Caution?

Bourque

Beta member
My internet was working fine at the hotel I am at, then I downloaded Utorrent. The internet then said Limited and kicked me off. (I figured out why) So I uninstalled Utorrent and now the internet is working, but it still has the Yellow Caution signs above all the public internet connections. Should i worry about this? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

That little exclamation mark will trick you sometimes, It can be fixed and still be showing, As long as you Internet is still going then it should be fine.

That stupid yellow caution sign....

That only measures the connection to a single public Microsoft Server. So if your path to only that is broken, then Windows is going to tell you that everything else must be. You're getting a false positive but...

You installed uTorrent when this started. Now, I'm not gonna lecture you on the inherit danger in apps like uTorrent, but I will say that it is highly plausible that you downloaded a 'repackaged' version. Someone injected something else in the installer. I say this because of the lingering caution sign.

I would check your host file, reset I.E. and run some Malware scans just to be safe. Clear temp files, flush your RAM, etc...

Back
Top Bottom