Shared folders!

dirtyoldman

Baseband Member
Hi, I got a wireless router kit today set it up and its working nicely and at the moment i am just wondering how I can create shared follders that all of the users can have accsess to and possibly if possible how I can password them.

Also I would like to know how to enable WEP just so know theives steal my internet and gain acsess to my files!

Thanks in advance for all replies!

are you running XP? if so, simply right click on the drive you wish to share, then go to sharing and security - there will be a tick box there alowing you to share the drive and there is a box below so you can name it to identify it on the network. As for password protection i'm not aware of such a feature within windows, so you may need to consider a 3rd party application which will need to be present on any machines with shared drives.

as for setting up WEP, you'll need to do the one thing that every man hates to do - look in the manual. the reason being that the confirguration process will vary between different routers.

hope this helps

You can change the wep encryption in the windows network setup box, what did you set the key as, i made it generate a random one because people cant guess them. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom