Server for my school

Hunter

Beta member
My computer tech teacher wants me to help him get a server for all the computers in his room. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what I need to set one up and how I would do so.

Thanks.

This is a very vague question.

What is he actually wanting to do? Share files? Share an Internet connection? Is he wanting a domain controller?

Please provide us with more information and we can provide you with a more detailed answer.

Well firstly how many computers ?
and a few other details such as what do you need the server to do are there any exisint servers in the school

I believe there is one server somewhere in the school. He needs to share files, internet, and one of the programs we use works better with a server. Its Rosetta Stone, a language program. But he pretty much wants to be able to look all over there computers without moving from his.

You should have an IT team that handles the school infrastructure, unless you really know what you are doing (and have the appropriate rights), this is a pretty hard project.

well...they dont really have anything like that. I was his class aid last year an did some computer work and i pretty much known the most about computers in the school. Its a pretty small private school and they dont have much cash. It is one of my interests and I would love to learn more about it. Any articles I can read?

well...they dont really have anything like that. I was his class aid last year an did some computer work and i pretty much known the most about computers in the school. Its a pretty small private school and they dont have much cash. It is one of my interests and I would love to learn more about it. Any articles I can read?

If you or the teacher have admin access I can help you. Message me on aim (djchrisremixtk) or msn (chris_mayhew10[at]hotmail.com)

I did something similar to what you did a few years ago, was a pain to setup but in the end worked :)

Back
Top Bottom