Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Beta Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Default Is this routing?

A basic question, what is the correct terminology for the path a users request follows to access a website/URL? Is this routing or is it called something different? I am talking for users in a corporate network accessing the web, not from a home PC and personal router. Say user X wants to access website L that request I assume goes down a path before it is actioned? What is this process called?

And typically what “path” does this request go down before it is actioned, i.e. what network infrastructure/equipment does it pass through, and what kind of log is kept on this infrastructure/equiptment and the subsequent URL returned in their browser?
rasiak is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0