Router Problems..... Please Reply

darkpriest

In Runtime
Ok, I've got cox cable.... we have two computers, with a linksys router..(just a lil info)

I tried this post in the general section of the forums.. but didnt get much help, so i desided to try here...

Ok, here's the problem.... Our router goes down about once every 3 or so hours... i look and everything is connected right and our cable modem is connected to the internet... so i unplug the router and plug it back in, then it works again for three or so hours.... then it goes down.... we called cox and they suggested gettin a new router, so we got a new one and a new cable modem(they said it was going bad) then i connected everything up again.... and it STILL goes down every three or so hours, when the modem says its still on....

Someone suggested upgrading my firmware, so i did that... but it STILL goes down every 3 hours.... if i could get some help it would be greatly appreciated...

thx and plz help :D,
-Darkpriest

If its an e-machines, ive heard this problem many times, you need to turn off the "let microsoft run your network in the conrl panl", restart your comp, and turn it back on and restart again.

no, its a custom computer, but thx anyways, i found out the problem.... i dont understand it but w/e.... well, my compy had sp2 and the other compy had sp1.... so for the hell of it i reformatted to sp1, and it works perfect now -_-.... if any1 nows y it might have been sp2, please reply... thx

lol im a computer technician and when i was on the phone troubleshooting with microsoft the guy i was on the phone with gave me some interesting statistics:

4 out of every 10 computers take SP2 with no trouble

so what does this leave us?

6 out of every 10 computers loaded with SP2 have internet, network, and other problems

yeah, i like it, its a major step up... BUT, they should have gotten all the bugs out b4 they released it =-\

im having the same probelm with belkin router and verizon dsl modem..it disconnect every 2 or 3 hours or even minutes sometmies after i changed to pppoe(still don't work)...........i still havn't found out the solutions.!!!!!!! i called belkin they sent me a new router but samething happens..!!!!!!!! anyone helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its all SP2. they should have worked out the bugs. it seems as if the NAT client on the router's firmware is incopatible with SP2. it has soemthing to do with NAT

NAT (Network Address Translation) is the process in which your computers private network is given access to the public (Internet) addressing space allowing it to be connected to public networks.

Im running SP2 on 3 computers on a wired/wireless network, and ive had no problems with any of them. Are you using torrents? There is a problem when running them that cuts you off every few hours when it isnt configured properly, cant remember off the top of my head where i saw it tho.

Back
Top Bottom