Router advise

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys. I will be moving into my new place and i wanted to see people opinions. I am looking for a good wireless router for hooking up computers prob some gamming and access to wifi. Thank you :)

1. computers? how many?
2. how big is the place?
3. how far will the router be from the computers?

if your answers are not extremes then you could get pretty much any router in the market.

get the ones that supports guest network and easy installation.

ok yea i been researching and its a town house so not far but the desktops will be right next to it the server will be to.. i want to make a server for all my stuff like documents video music ect. so that will be connected to it

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

i was looking at the linksysE4200

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

or linksys E1200

my big suggestion is to connect your desktop and server to the router through ethernet. this way you get faster speeds with little-to-no collision of data. also, your WIRELESS signals wont get a lot of traffic.

i have my own server as well that runs a live website.

You can score cat 6e cables at just about any office supply store. Hard wire besides being fast is not giving away your internet to moochers.

As others have said, hook it up wired. Unless you're using a laptop or a desktop across the house from the router where it would be too difficult to get a wire there. I have a wireless router, but my 3 desktops and blu-ray player are wired. My laptop is the only thing on wireless. I'd rather pull a wire to the next room than run wireless.

Back
Top Bottom