Remote Printing Problems

chrisl0

Baseband Member
Hi, I am new here and I am having a problem with my printer. I have a Dell Photo AIO Printer 922 and I have it plugged into one of my Dell Desktops and it prints/scans fine from that PC. But when I try to print something from my other Dell Desktop or my Toshiba Laptop nothing happens. I tried to call Dell to help me with the problem but they informed me that my tech support warranty for the printer expired last year so they wanted money to help me.

I recently moved and had this printer on my other desktop, then I moved it to my newer desktop. But my other printers were also moved to different computers and when I moved them I had no problems printing or networking with them. I know that Windows automatically installs the printers when networking them and I see the icon for the Dell Printer in my other computers Control Panel's, but I don't understand why it can't print from a remote location? Just to add all my printers are networked together wirelessly off my Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. All my printers are hooked into these PC's, except for the Laptop. I have no connection problems just this problem.

I don't think it has anything to do with the router, firewall, or the wireless networking cards since my other two printers setup was flawless and they printed when I asked them to. If anyone can shed some light on my problem I would be grateful. Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas.

Chris

Reinstall the printer on the computer you wanna print from, and select networked printer, and then just either browse for it, or enter its address on ya network

Don't forget to share the printer- you won't be able to see it if you don't share it. I would suggest right-clicking on the printer, and click sharing, then select share this printer, and give it a share name. This is the most common setup on a home network. You should be able to see it from all other workstations on the network, and install the driver on those machines when you connect to it.

Thanks for the tips guys, I did go into properties select share and gave it a name. The icon showed up on the other machine but it won't print. As for the drivers, I have the software still installed on my other machine so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe I will try your idea Raffaz and delete everything related to the printer and do a reinstall. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom