re-try on the VIA Rhine II

bahferretboy

Solid State Member
Heya, I posted in this in the Computers General section, hoping it would get a reply. But now that I think about it, I probably posted it in the wrong board >_< I hope some of you guys can help me, pretty please?

I recently bought a refurbished Packard Bell Easynote e6 307. The wireless adapter in it is pretty useless and VERY slow. During my earlier days of struggle with the wireless receivers (theres 2 for some reason, im sure to hopefully find out), I was foolish enough to try and get rid of them (add/remove programs) and use my good ol' belkin card bus adapter. However, for some reason it didn't work, and I took it out.
After a few days of getting very annoyed, I finally found out that its a common problem with E6's and downloaded the wireless antenna patch. It's all good. Speeds rose up.

But every now and again... or rather, quite frequently, it keeps saying Network Cable unplugged for my original network adapter. And then the internet just cuts out, and doesnt pick anything up until it randomly decides to work again, 7 minutes later.

Does anyone know how I can... 'plug it back in'? Im assuming, once plugged back in, my problems will fly away. But I dont know how to do it.

There are 2 adapters: Ralink RT2500, and VIA Rhine II.
The one in question is the Rhine.

network adapter- VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter -

driver version - 3.47.0.432, provider - VIA

If it helps, my laptop is as follows:
packard bell easynote e6 307
windows xp home edition
version 2002
service pack 2
amd sempron
processor 3000+
1.80Ghz, 480RAM

If anyone can help me out with this one, I will be forever grateful!!

Cheers,

Tom Clarke.

PS: If anyine can point out to me why it even had 2 network adapters in it to begin with, that would be great too

Back
Top Bottom