A Problem

stefan777

Solid State Member
A Problem (read please!)

i have WIndows xp Home Edition installed.
i manully configred it becuase when i put automaticly it says limted or no connection. anyway i configred it and it says connected
but when i go on the internet it says im not. do u guys think its becuase
i activated windows and i used a allilegal editon of windows 98 to install windows ME ??? or u think i needed to comfigure submask and my dafault gateway?? or is it something else. i think its i activated windows it was working fine when i dident activate it. and when i activated it it most used the internet to figure out that i used a allligal copy of windows 95 to install windows ME i dont know what do u guys think please help me!.

and i also heard people has problems with the internet once they upgrade to Service Pack 2 i did upgrade to service pack 2. and just incase thats the problem can anyone tell me how to make it back to service pack 1 or just fix the problem?

Bumping your thread at five minute intervals won't make anyone help you faster, In fact it'll just piss them off and drive away any help you could have gotten!!!

Hmmm...
We can't really help you sort out your problems with illegal software... but since the problems here are not caused by the fact it's illegal I see no trouble in anyone helping to solve your problems.

The trouble here appears to be caused by a misconfigured IP address...

You say that when it's manual it says there is a problem with the connection, this usually means that the IP is imconfigured... assigning an IP address manually will (of course) solve this problem, but if you get the address wrong then it'll cause you to not have any connectivity at all...

You are going to need to be a bit more specific, do you connect through a router, if so what router? does the router have built in DHCP? have you read the manual, does the router work on some strange network setting?

ummmm... yes, either that or networking...

I wasn't really reading it properly earlier when I was tired...

Hmm ... first off i wouldn't be saying that you got a pirated and illegal edition or anything of that sort, especially not on the internet
That would definately not be the problem because if Windows did know that you got a pirated edition, then it would lock you out of your computer, the only way back in is by using the last good configuration by pressing F8 for startup options before the os loads
By the way, if you had automatic updates on then they probably did find out that you had a pirated edition
You should not need to configure your default gateway because your computer should automatically detect it, it is done by default unless you changed the settings, than that should not be the problem
Service pack 2 should also not be the problem because it lets the data packets from the networked computers through, that is if they're not carrying some sort of virus or trojan
Could you tell us your problem in a clearer form? because everything that your describing is kind of puzzling ...

Back
Top Bottom