Port Forwarding

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I'm in the process of trying to get my router with port forwarding. I already set a static ip for my computer here, but my problem is, I can't seem to log into my router setup page on the web to configure settings. I keep getting a "Page Load error" message in Firefox when I try and enter the IP in the address bar. I've also already tried using IE. What I'm I doing wrong? My computer is connected through ethernet cable to the other room where the router is. If you need to know, my router is a Zyxel prestige 964. I'm pretty frustrated. Please help anyone.

Well, do you have an internet connection? If so you normally would enter http://yourgateway and be prompted for a user name and password.

The first question needs to be answered first.

Well, do you have an internet connection? If so you normally would enter http://yourgateway and be prompted for a user name and password.

The first question needs to be answered first.

you don't need an internet connection to connect to the router even. Check to make sure your entering the right IP address for the gateway. Another way to find this out would be to make sure your computer is set to dynamic IP, open a cmd window and type ipconfig. There will be an entry that comes up that says default gateway (most I've seen are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1).

you don't need an internet connection to connect to the router even. Check to make sure your entering the right IP address for the gateway. Another way to find this out would be to make sure your computer is set to dynamic IP, open a cmd window and type ipconfig. There will be an entry that comes up that says default gateway (most I've seen are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1).
This is what I was getting too, only I was taking baby steps, so go for it!

Well, my default gateway is 192.168.1.1

I have tried putting that in the browser but I cannot get the the user/login page. I gives me "Failed to connect" in firefox, already tried IE as well.

And yes, I do have internet connection. The thing is, I have a cable modem as well as a router. I have tried reseting them both see if that would help.

***nevermind guys, I got it working finally. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom