Old to New Laptop Network

wildcatfan14

Baseband Member
i have and old Dell Inspiron 5000e. it has alot of my files on it (pictures, office docs, etc). i would like to transfer the files over by a network to and new HP laptop so i dont have to plug my jumpdrive ion everytime to transfer. A friend of mine told me to buy a crossover network cable. How do set the computer up so i can transfer the files through the crosover cable and how do i transfer them?
WiLdCaTfAn14

Plug in the cross over cable from the network card on one computer directly into the nic on the other.

Dont you have to err, do somthing with Ad-Hoc? Cos when i did it, it tryed to get a dynamic IP, didnt work. So i set a IP, still didnt work. I THINK i fixed it by changing somthing to Ad-Hoc...

Err, i cant remember how to do it on ethernet, but i know how on wireless... for wireless, go to network connections, right click on the Network Adapter, then go propertys. From propertys go to "Wireless NEtworks", then press advance. Then go on the one that mentions Ad Hoc. This doesnt apply to ethernet though

Back
Top Bottom