NTL cable modem keep crashing!! Plz help!!

spencer2004

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a NTL cable modem and it keeps crashing about every hour or so (the modem not the computer) so i have to unplug the power cable and unplug it again. Is there something i can do to prevent this.

The modem is connected to a windows XP computer via ethernet, then the connection is shared to USB 1.1 wifi b router which is in constant use by 2 laptops (usually large files being downloaded).

I thought this problem might be due to large bandwith useage or something.

switch to usb 2.0, faster, and crashes may be from so many comps using router at same time. plz try to get all of ur adapters to wifi g instead of b becuase of better speeds and rqqange i think, but ifu dont want to totally switch, g works with b. but u have to get a g router. plz add to my reputation if ur condittion is better by clicking the white thing under name next to warning sign.

it is wifi g, i just have it on b mode. and what dose that have anything to do with my problem?!?!?!?

spywarebanisher said:
switch to usb 2.0, faster, and crashes may be from so many comps using router at same time. plz try to get all of ur adapters to wifi g instead of b becuase of better speeds and rqqange i think, but ifu dont want to totally switch, g works with b. but u have to get a g router. plz add to my reputation if ur condittion is better by clicking the white thing under name next to warning sign.

Yea he didnt help you out at all, he is just begging for Reputation :rolleyes:

Anyway,

about your problem. That is a setup sounds odd to me.
Why dont you run your Cable modem to your Router, via Ethernet. then connect to your router either using ethernet or your wireless connection?

LambOfGod said:
That is a setup sounds odd to me.
Why dont you run your Cable modem to your Router, via Ethernet. then connect to your router either using ethernet or your wireless connection?

Yeah, the way you were doing it before sounded really screwed up! Do as LambOfGod says. Connect your modem to the router, and then connect the computers to the router somehow instead.

And if your modem keeps freezing, call up NTL and tell them. It shouldn't be a problem for them to send an engineer out, or give you a new modem.

Its USB only (a wifi max dongle made for PSPs).

And i dont want to call them up! do u know how hard it is to talk to an indian over the phone!!

Hmm.. My aunty and uncle have got NTL, and theirs crashes. All the lights but one goes out. really pisses me off.. them too! Is the modem made by belkin?

samurai said:
Hmm.. My aunty and uncle have got NTL, and theirs crashes. All the lights but one goes out. really pisses me off.. them too! Is the modem made by belkin?

all the lights dont go out it just stops responding.

Back
Top Bottom