New at Cable..OK for 2 Modems same line

Robbybegood

Beta member
I hear all the talk of routers, etc. Question is with cable coming soon (sharing neighbors wireless now, but a house going up between us soon), I will use one computer in my shop, and the house. Cable now go to both locations for Comcast cable TV. Maybe a dumb question, but I hit ebay and get a couple Modems (renting a Modem is stupid), run them on the same line, and both puters will work, right? Wireless would work, but at 1.1 speeds on USB on both, its too slow. Thanks in advance! Robby

1. isp's dont let u have/use 2 modems
2. get a router. routers use ethernet, not usb.
3. and usb 1.1 is 12 megabits per second which is enough.

some routers use usb. my one has a usb port. its kinda crappy though and who uses usb much nowdays anyway. ethernets so much faster imo. just thought id add that point :)

You can get two modems if you want- downside is you will pay twice the price. No since in that, hit ebay and get a router instead. Renting a modem is not dumb- if lightening hits it, they cover it. If it has any problems at all, they cover it. If you buy one out right and it has problems, you have to buy another one. Small price ($3 a month in Nashville, TN- not sure if it's the same where you're at) to pay for piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom