Networking, ports, router

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hey guys I just learned alot about networking and DNS and static ip and stuff and I read up alot and I found that my connection had been obtaining automatic ip address etc, I finnaly used RUN>Cmd>ipconfig/all and typed in all the information and when I applied it everything like webpages seemed to work faster and more reliable, why is this? is it because I am telling it directly where to go and stuff.

My next question is, I'm port forwarding a game and on my server Ip address that it asks for what do I put in there for it because I can't find my server ip address where I find it because I know my systems ip but surely I can't put my ip adddress in on a router as not everyone in my househole has the same Ip as me, I think it's the static Server ip it asks for,,, it's the bit where you type a name, then you port starting port then end port then the last box is for static ip or server address, can somone please explain or help me with this as I'm still very much learning.

Thanks for reading.

The first question you asked you answered yourself lol and the second one, i dont understand what you mean, please clearify the second question and ill get back to you with more info. thanks

Right server ip would be the computer that you are using. and need the port forwarding on.

Back
Top Bottom