NETGEAR wireless internet connection

mohamed mezal

Beta member
Hi,
I've recently bought NETGEAR wireleass card and router and was working fine. I suddendenly got a problem with internet connection, although the signal beween the router and card is good.
I am using windowsXP home edition.
Appreciate advice.
Regards

Hi
he net gear wireless router is connected through a modem. The PCs connected to the router by a cable works fine. but my latop does not connect to the internet when i use the wireless card. I found later it does not get the IP address automatically and could not fogur out why.
thanks

maybye theres too much interferrence around... dotn use them by microwaves or anything that runs at a frequnecy or 2.4 GHz. also soem cordless phones operate at the frequency.

at the wireless client signal staus there should be an indicator as you should be getting an SSID if you dont have one you cant connect to the wireless network if you have something liek WEP or WPA on.

also make sure its using the right channels on thr router as teh access point!

also try setting a static address. and make sure you have the correct DNS settings and default gateway settings, your router should have a web based setup (normally 192.168.1.1 or .0.1) too that tells you all the clients connected to that network. if the wireless client is not listed on there you need to assign it a static IP thats how all mine are setup in my wired network.

to setup a static address go to your wireless adapter's connection and click on the TCP/IP protocol properties and enter the IPs manually and for example:

your laptop's Ip would be 192.168.1.112

the subnet mask is entered for you

the defualt gateway would be 192.168.1.1

and your dns-> please look at your router's setup!

and please check the obvious too!!! make sure that adapters are inserted all the way into the notebook and so on!! also make sure that the antenna is up all the way and nothing "got into it" or the like.

I also ask that you please give me the model number so i give you a link for further information!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom