Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!!

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
Ok the problem is that I am volunteering at the hospital near me in the is department. My boss has told me to figure out how to connect six computers to a printer using an ethernet switch that he has ordered. Honestly this is way beyond my league. Networking is my major downfall. Can anyone in here help me with this? He just wants step by step instructions. It can be off from some site u dont have to type it up. Our printers use something called a Jet direct box which allows the printer to be put on the network. This printer however isnt going to be on the network. It will just be for the six computers that are connected to it. If you need any more info please feel free to ask I will be checking this thread alot.

does your network issue ip addresses dynamically (DHCP)? or do you assign each computer a static ip? The Jet Direct box is basically a computer that you can configure with a static IP address (if your network uses DHCP, you'll need to reserve this address so it won't be assigned later to another pc or printer). Once that is done, connect all the other pc's to that switch along with the printer. Go to each pc and use the add a printer wizard>>select "local printer ...">>create a new port>>drop-down menu to Standard TCP/IP>>next>>another wizard pops up>>next>>input static ip address of printer in first line (the second line auto-fills)>>follow the rest of the steps. Might ask you for a driver cd ... put it in the pc you're working with and direct the wizard to it. Hope this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom