need some help here

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
With my New pc I need wireless to get on the net in my room - the room with the conection is on the other end of the house

called my local internet company, Comcast Cable, and they came in a set up a network, they gave me a netgear wireless gateway router and a ****** little linksys USB reciver.... they said that the most it can handle is 54mbps (which suck b/c i was getting 100mps when it was wired)

my room which is about 4 walls and 50 foot away is getting anywhere from a "good" connection to a very low connection, constantly spiking up and down, the bitrate is going anywhere from 24mbps (most common) to 6mbps and under, sometimes its got no signal - ive got 54 twice.

Thats a major problem with me is b/c i play online games and I use the net whenever im on the computer. i need a constant connection - none of this spiking ****!

I was wondering if there is any other routers/recievers that would give me better prefomance and a constant connection (or closest thing to it without spiking up and down) with 100mbps

i need some help urgently, it's gotten so bad I can't even go into servers or download something with a bitrate higher than something like 17kbs!

please help me!

and sorry about typing errors - it's 4 AM here and i'm typing really fast!

This post was reported for bad language

Take a look at the Linksys wireless routers with SRX. If you get one of those you have to buy a special card that works with SRX otherwise it will just act as a regular wireless card (not get the speed and range boost you need).

You could put a wireless repeater in between you and the router!

Linksys now has the Wirless-N router for like $130 and a wireless-n card for like 99.00.

My suggestion would be to get a pci wireless card, along with an aftermarket high gain antenna, preferably one witha bit of a cable to it so you can place it up high and not hidden round the back of your PC like the basic 'whip' antennas that you normally see. I would put some links up, but they ain't that hard to find...

Back
Top Bottom